Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh the shame...

Have you heard of Ravelry? "It's a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools and pattern information and look to other for ideas and inspiration."
It is community driven and a great place to show off your projects, blog, and socialize.
I heard about this site and immediately put myself on the waiting list (yes, I said waiting list).
Ravelry is in beta and so they are inviting people in bits and pieces so they can grow at a rate they can support.
Naturally, when I received my invitation, I was excited.  Over the last few weeks I've been checking out the various tools on the site, like the My Notebook section that includes projects, your inventory of needles and hooks, patterns, favorites and yes, your stash inventory.
I decided to start with cataloging my stash which,  to this point, has lived an anonymous existence in several strategically placed baskets.  Let me say that the baskets are cleverly crafted to appear a normal size but are nearly bottomless upon closer inspection.  
I have managed to catalog about half of my stash and was struck by how much yarn I have.  I had no idea.  Really!
When I had spread the contents of each basket on the floor I realized:  I have a yarn "issue".  I am addicted to yarn. And my stash is larger than a reasonable knitter could use in several years time.  And I know I am not alone.
Yesterday I clicked on the Mochimochi blog and immediately felt better.  The World’s Biggest Stash? at Mochimochi Blog.  
Now THAT is a huge stash.  Having seen that, I think I have plenty of room for some new and delicious colors and fibers!


No comments: